City of Lebanon Department of Public Works 400 South Eighth Street, Room 220
Lebanon, PA 17042
Phone: (717) 273-6711 ext. 2427
Fax: (717) 274-2482
Gordon Kirkessner, Jr., P.E., P.L.S., Director of Public Works
Click on the logo for information on the bridge project.
Street Sweeping - Street sweeping will resume on March 18, 2013, and will remain in effect until further notice.
Snow Removal - Residents are reminded that sidewalks must be cleared within twenty-four hours after the cessation of a snowfall or a rain or ice storm. A path of three feet in width, running the entire length of the sidewalk and that portion of the curb cut that is considered part of the sidewalk must be cleared. Snow cleared from the sidewalk and/or parking area shall not be deposited into the plowed traveled portion of the street. Persons violating the snow removal regulations are subject to a fine of not less than $50.00 nor more than $300.00 for each offense.
Snow Emergency - Currently, there are no announcements.
During a snow emergency, no vehicle is permitted to be parked on the following snow emergency routes:
(1) Lehman Street, from Lincoln Avenue to North Fourteenth Street
(2) Cumberland Street, from Fifth Avenue to Sixteenth Street
(3) Walnut Street, from Fifth Avenue to Twelfth Street
(4) Orange Street, from Eighth Street to Cornwall Road
(5) Maple Street, from Ninth Street to Tenth Street
(6) Fifth Avenue, from Walnut Street to Cumberland Street
(7) Lincoln Avenue, from Walnut Street to Maple Street
(8) Eighth Street, from Maple Street to Orange Street
(9) Ninth Street, from Maple Street to Cornwall Road
(10) Tenth Street, from Maple Street to Quentin Road
(11) Quentin Road, from Cornwall Road to Duke Street
(12) Cornwall Road, from Quentin Road to Orange Street
(13) Twelfth Street, from Cumberland Street to Walnut Street
(14) Fifth Street, from Cumberland Street to Walnut Street
(15) Mifflin Street, between Ninth and Tenth Streets (parking prohibited on
the north side of Mifflin Street)
Persons parking on designated snow emergency routes will be subject to fine of $100.00.
No vehicle shall be operated on any snow emergency route without skid chains, winter type mud or snow tires or operative mechanical or electrical sanders or abrasive sanding materials. Winter type mud and snow tires are defined as any new, recapped, retreaded or rebuilt tires for rear wheels of motor vehicles, such tires having anti-skid patterns impressed or cut into the tread surfaces to form bars, buttons or blocks especially designed to give effective traction on snow, mud or ice covered streets.
Although it is not a designated snow emergency route, persons parking on Maple Street from Lincoln Avenue to Ninth Street are advised to remove their cars, as the plows frequently pass through this area.
Residents may park free of charge on metered City parking lots for the duration of a snow emergency. Please note this free parking only applies to City lots with parking meters.
- Flood plain map interpretation
- City deed information
- Approve driveway location
- Review of land development and subdivision plans
- Inspect storm water management facilities and site improvements for new construction
- Approve all oversize vehicles passing through the City
- Street excavation permit
- City maps
- Curb and sidewalk permits in street right-of-way
- Handicap parking application
- Traffic signal and sign maintenance
- Residential Handicap space renewal
- No parking signs
- Parking lot space rental
- Dumpster in public right-of-way applications
Commonwealth Code Inspection Services 272-5759
Residential and Commercial Inspections
Andy Nelson, Building Code Official - PA #62
Dwayne Horst, Certified Code Official - PA #3201
Contact our office .....
- Prior to change of use, occupancy, lessee or ownership of property.
- Erecting structures, fences, sheds, carports, swimming polls or signs.
- Making any alterations, constructing additions, enclosing, or demolition of any portion of an existing structure.
- Making any alterations to water, sewer, or electrical services.
A permit is required before removing, installing, or pruning a curbside tree.